Sarah writes about feminism, feelings, pop culture and everything in between. Her work takes the form of teleplays, screenplays, essays, memoirs, fiction, poetry, and more.
Sarah recently completed her first feature-length screenplay, Ithaca.
Ithaca tells the story of Miranda, a recent college graduate who must travel to the home of her estranged father when he is in a near-fatal accident. Along the way as Miranda deals with the men in her life, she confronts her family's past and grows into her own future.
Read an excerpt of Ithaca here.
- My Tattoo Is Visible, But Please Don't Demand I Talk About It (Bustle)
- Piecing Together a Past (Crab Fat Magazine, The Coffeelicious)
- How I Became a Woman (The Coffeelicious)
- Passover Rebirth (Femsplain)
- To My 13-Year-Old Self on the Cusp of Becoming an Adult (The Lighthouse, Dear Tomorrow Collection)
- What I Learned From Going On a Retreat With My Mom and My Grandma (HelloFlo)
- Nostalgia for a Past That Isn't Mine (Medium)
Feminism and Sexuality
- Why Zines Are Feminist (And What a Zine Is!) (HelloFlo)
- 3 Ways We Can All Be More Inclusive Feminists (HelloFlo)
- Here's What Galentine's Day Is and Why You Should Be Celebrating (HelloFlo)
- Improv Can Help You Have Happier and Healthier Sex (HelloFlo)
- Why It Matters When Companies Take a Stance on Trans Rights (HelloFlo)
Click here to see a full list of Sarah's HelloFlo pieces covering feminism, sexuality, and women's health.
Film, TV, and Pop Culture
- Anomalisa and the (Fe)Male Gaze (REELYDOPE, Bitch Flicks)
- Lena Dunham and the Creator's "Less-Than-Perfect" Body on Screen (Bitch Flicks)
- Girls: Season Five, Episode One (REELYDOPE)
- How the TV Show ‘New Girl’ Makes a Bold Feminist Statement This Season (HelloFlo)
- The Women of ‘Hamilton’ Are Your New Feminist Sheroes (HelloFlo)